National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week® (NDAFW) is March 30 – April 5, 2020. NDAFW is a national health observance linking teens to science-based facts to SHATTER THE MYTHS® about drugs! You can learn more about this via the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).
There are several ways you can participate in both the national celebration and locally with GUIDE.
Participate with NIDA:
- Host your own NDAFW event using this online planning guide and register it here
- Get ideas for activities and toolkits
- Order free materials on drugs and drug abuse to support your NDAFW efforts
- Join the NDAFW Tweetstorm on Monday, March 30 from 3 – 4 pm. Use #NDAFW on Twitter and share messages about drugs and alcohol
- Utilize NIDA’s Mind Matters series as a resource for raising awareness about various drugs
Participate with GUIDE:
One of the first things you can do to celebrate NDAFW is to get educated on the facts! Below are a few of our top resources to help you become familiar with important drug facts in two areas where we focus most of our prevention efforts: underage drinking and opioids.
- Save Brains
- What is Alcohol?
- What You Need to Know About Addiction and the Brain
- Rethinking Drinking
- Myths and Realities of Underage Drinking
- Underage Drinking
- Teens and Alcohol
- The Opioid Epidemic: What You Need to Know
- Raising Awareness: Opioid Overdose Facts
- Taking Prescription Opioids: Myths and Facts
- Overdoses, Naloxone and the Georgia 911 Medical Amnesty Law
- The Brain and Addiction
Do you think you’re up to speed on prevention facts? Put your knowledge to the test with our 2020 National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week IQ Challenge. Complete the below IQ Challenge, and you’ll be entered to win a $25 Amazon gift card from GUIDE! This is for youth AND adults; anyone can participate! Submit yours by April 24. The winner will be announced the following week.
If you’re unable to view the below survey, please click here.
For questions about our challenge or GUIDE’s substance abuse prevention initiatives, please contact Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org.