Georgia Teen Institute 2017 kicks off this week, and Adventure Awaits for everyone who will be in attendance. We’re looking forward to building new connections, stepping outside our comfort zones and making memories that will last a lifetime. If you’ve been to GTI before, you know what we mean. In fact, to celebrate 2017, we’ve come up with 17 things you only understand if you’ve been to GTI. Whether you’re joining us this week or sending positive vibes from afar, check out this list for a walk down memory lane that’s sure to make you smile.
17 Things You Only Understand If You’ve Been to GTI:
- Waiting to see what the GTI staff has in store to kick off the week
- Getting uncontrollably, unabashedly excited over… PENCILS!!!
- Knowing exactly what to do when someone says “Banana Republic Unite!”
- Knowing there is always someone helpful in Command Central when you need something
- TI… YOU KNOW!
- Getting an awesome program t-shirt to match your friends
- Always having your binder and name tag with you (except when you’re sleeping or in the shower!)
- Becoming a professional Warm Fuzzy maker in a matter of days
- Seeing something from your Secret Pal on the Warm Fuzzy Board
- The deliciousness that is Dining Hall food
- Memorizing the Strategic Prevention Framework
- Hoping your name is called for a door prize during General Session
- Falling totally in love with the Oxford College campus
- Love for complete strangers from across the state in your Family Group by the end of the week
- The feeling you get when you get to hang with hundreds of people across the state who also choose to be alcohol, tobacco and other drug free
- Checking out the TI Store for some swag during Free Time
- Building a tower out of random items like toothpicks and marshmallows or fitting your whole team in a shelter you built… all in the name of team building