Ideal for groups whose members are unfamiliar with one another, Guess Who? is the perfect icebreaker activity to get to know each person’s name in a fun way.
Time Needed: 10 minutes
Group Size: 6 or more (Challenge and fun increases with group size!)
Materials: Black, rectangular plastic tablecloth
Directions: Form two teams. Have participants sit together with their team on the floor facing the other team. The facilitators will hold the tablecloth open between the two teams so that the two teams cannot see each other.
For each round, teams choose a team member to stand (or sit) behind the tablecloth. The facilitators will count “3, 2, 1” and then drop the tablecloth. Of the two people facing off, the first one to name the other person wins a point for their team. Only the two opposing players are permitted to call out names.
- Round 1: If applicable, players leave their name tags visible.
- Round 2: All players must tuck their name tags into their shirt or turn them over.
Repeat until everyone on both teams has gone and/or until it seems everyone knows each other’s names. The team with the most points is declared the winner.
- Why is it important that we learn and use each other’s names?
- What are some techniques we can use to help us?
- What can we do if we forget someone’s name?