Do you have a group that could work on their communication skills? Then try out this team building activity! Blind Design provides participants with the opportunity to learn skills such as active listening and detailed communication all while having fun, too!
This activity calls for Caboodle Cards. These cards are a great resource to use for icebreakers, team building, creative writing, debriefing and more! If you don’t have Caboodle Cards, you can purchase them from our online store or as an alternative, you can print or draw various shapes on pieces of paper.
Time Needed: 15 minutes
Group Size: Any
Materials: Paper, writing utensils and Caboodle Cards or shapes
Description & Directions: Distribute one sheet of paper, one Caboodle Card (or shape) and a writing utensil to all participants. Ask each person to find a partner and sit back-to-back. Have one person in each pair describe the shape in the middle of their Caboodle Card to his or her partner without naming the actual shape. Their partner has two minutes to draw the picture without seeing the original. Afterward, have both participants look at the original and recreated designs. Then have the participants swap roles.
- How would you describe your communication style?
- What did you learn about giving and receiving directions?
- How might you become a better listener and follow directions more accurately?
- Was any information you gave distorted or misinterpreted by your partner?
- How does this relate to the real world? With our friends? Family?