National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week® (NDAFW) is March 21-27, 2022. NDAFW is a national health observance linking teens to science-based facts to SHATTER THE MYTHS® about drugs! You can learn more about this via the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).
There are several ways you can take part in the celebration!
Participate with NIDA:
- Host your own NDAFW event using this online planning guide and register it here
- Get ideas for activities
- Play Kahoot! games with your group virtually or encourage students to play the games individually
- Facilitate the Drug Facts Challenge!, an interactive, Jeopardy-style game using scientific facts about the brain and addiction, marijuana, vaping and more
- Order free materials on drugs and drug abuse to support your NDAFW efforts
- Utilize NIDA’s Mind Matters series as a resource for raising awareness about various drugs
Participate with GUIDE:
One of the most important things you can do to celebrate NDAFW is to get educated on the facts! Check out our recent Inspired to Make Healthy Choices Newsletter: Shattering the Myths.
Below are a few of our top resources to help you become familiar with important facts in areas where we focus a great deal of our prevention efforts.
- Save Brains
- What is Alcohol?
- What You Need to Know About Addiction and the Brain
- Rethinking Drinking
- Underage Drinking
- Teens and Alcohol
- Busting Myths About Alcohol
- The Opioid Epidemic: What You Need to Know
- Raising Awareness: Opioid Overdose Facts
- Taking Prescription Opioids: Myths and Facts
- Overdoses, Naloxone and the Georgia 911 Medical Amnesty Law
- E-cigarettes and Vaping
- Tobacco Free Babies
- Marijuana… It’s more harmful than you think!
- Teen Marijuana Use
- Ending Tobacco Use