We are excited to announce that registration for Georgia Teen Institute 2019 is now open! GTI 2019 will be held June 10-13 (Week 1) and 18-21 (Week 2) at Oxford College.
Georgia Teen Institute (GTI) is a youth leadership program for Youth Action Teams in Georgia. During the program, participants take part in unique, life-changing experiences that act as motivation to make positive impacts in communities throughout the state. These impacts come in various forms including prevention of alcohol, tobacco and other drug use, as well as the encouragement of youth to grow as leaders and create change. During their four days at GTI, participants find like-minded peers who are committed to healthy living and making a sustainable difference.
This year at GTI, we want our participants to discover the Power of One. This year’s theme alludes to the power of “one” in many ways – one group, one community, one organization, one person. We can change the entire course of our lives by just one action, one decision. At Georgia Teen Institute, we want participants to gain an understanding of the significance and power they have to make their community, state and world a better place. Armed with a bold theme, a packed schedule of excitement and meaningful activities and a hardworking staff ready to make it all happen, GTI 2019 is shaping up to be one of our best years yet.
It is our hope that youth attending this summer’s program will walk away feeling empowered to:
- Believe that the world can change for the better. Youth have the power to create change in their homes, schools, communities and beyond. When equipped with effective knowledge, tools and resources, their power is limitless. GTI gives participants an opportunity to plan prevention projects that will help create positive change in their communities. Newly developed resources and support will allow participants to go into communities and make a positive impact following GTI.
- Do what makes you feel alive. GTI gives participants a chance to step outside of comfort zones and be courageous in a safe environment. Healthy risks help youth feel alive, and these risks can create significant growth opportunities.
- Define the life you want to live. In order to accomplish goals and get what you want out of life, you must define what those things look like. Goals are more likely to manifest if written down and fully explored. GTI gives participants a chance to set goals for the future and examine the ways in which abstaining from alcohol, tobacco and other drugs can help in attaining those goals.
- Never stop growing. Growth is needed in order to keep up with changes in the world and for you to be the best… YOU! GTI challenges participants to grow as leaders, learn new things and experience unique opportunities.
- Be a part of a team. It’s always easier to make healthy choices when you have a support system that encourages you to do so. GTI brings together youth and adults who all have a similar vision – to make Georgia a healthier place for us all. Participants can build their network of peers who prioritize being drug free and making positive choices. We’re all in this together, and we can help each other shine.
GTI continues to change lives and communities for the better. You don’t want to miss this!
Registration packets are available now. Early Bird registration is due by 5 pm on April 5, and Regular registration is due by 5 pm on May 3. For more information and to download the registration packet, click here.
If you have any questions about GTI or the registration process, feel free to contact Mary Kate Chapman via email at email@example.com for details.