Georgia Teen Institute 2018 kicks off next week, and great things are in store for everyone who will be in attendance. We’re looking forward to building new connections, stepping outside our comfort zones and making memories that will last a lifetime. If you’ve been to GTI before, you know what we mean. In fact, to celebrate 2018, we’ve come up with 18 things you only understand if you’ve been to GTI. Whether you’re joining us this week or sending positive vibes from afar, check out this list for a walk down memory lane that’s sure to make you smile.
18 Things You Only Understand If You’ve Been to GTI:
- Waiting to see what the GTI staff has in store to kick off the week
- Getting uncontrollably, unabashedly excited over… PENCILS!!!
- Knowing exactly what to do when someone says “Banana Republic Unite!”
- Knowing there is always someone helpful in Command Central when you need something
- TI… YOU KNOW!
- Getting an awesome program t-shirt to match your friends
- Always having your binder and name tag with you (except when you’re sleeping or in the shower!)
- Becoming a professional Warm Fuzzy maker in a matter of days
- Seeing something from your Secret Pal on the Warm Fuzzy Board
- Checking out the TI Store for some swag during Free Time
- Memorizing the Strategic Prevention Framework
- Hoping your name is called for a door prize during General Session
- Falling totally in love with the Oxford College campus
- Love for complete strangers from across the state in your Family Group by the end of the week
- Racing for desserts in the Dining Hall
- Balancing strange objects, building a tower out of random items like toothpicks and marshmallows or fitting your whole team in a shelter you built… all in the name of team building
- The feeling you get when you get to hang with hundreds of people across the state who also choose to be alcohol, tobacco and other drug free
- Counting down until you can apply to be on staff next year at GTI