We are excited to announce that registration for Georgia Teen Institute is now open!
Georgia Teen Institute (GTI) is a youth leadership program for Youth Action Teams in Georgia. During the program, participants take part in unique, life-changing experiences that act as motivation to make positive impact in communities throughout the state. This positive impact comes in various forms including prevention of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs as well as the encouragement of youth to use their voices in order to create change. During their four days at Oxford College, participants find like-minded friends who are committed to healthy living and making a sustainable difference.
This year at GTI, we want you to “Tell Your Story.” It’s important to live the story you want to tell, and you have the power to craft your story in any way you choose. If you join us at GTI this summer, you could be empowered to:
- Believe that the world can change for the better. Youth have the power to create change in their homes, schools, communities and beyond by using their voice and their stories. When they’re equipped with effective resources and tools, their power is limitless. GTI provides participants with resources and information to go into their communities and immediately make a positive impact.
- Do what makes you feel alive. GTI gives participants a chance to step outside of their comfort zones and be courageous in a safe environment. Healthy risks help youth feel alive, and these risks can create new chapters in all of our stories.
- Define the life you want to live. In order to accomplish goals and get the things you want out of life, you must define what those things look like. Goals are more likely to manifest if written down and fully explored. GTI gives participants an opportunity to plan prevention projects that will help create positive change in their communities. It also gives participants a look into the lives of others who live drug and alcohol free and have an amazing time doing so.
- Never stop growing. Growth is needed in order to keep up with changes in the world and for you to be the best… YOU! GTI challenges participants to grow, learn things, experience new opportunities and meet people in a way that doesn’t feel scary or intimidating but fun and exciting.
- Be a part of a team. It’s always easier to make healthy choices when you have a support system that encourages you to do so. GTI brings together youth and adults who all have a similar vision – to make Georgia a healthier place for us all. We’re all in this together, and we want YOU to be part of the GTI team.
GTI continues to change lives and communities for the better. You don’t want to miss this!
Registration packets are available today. Early Bird registration is due by 5 pm on April 8, and Regular registration is due by 5 pm on May 6. For more information and to download the registration packet, click here.
Should you have any questions about GTI or the registration process, feel free to contact the GTI Assistant Director, Sarah Stokes, at email@example.com or 678-377-4136.